Business Jet / Turboprop Aircraft Performance data

Welcome to SAPOE Forum Member Forum Business Jet / Turboprop Aircraft Performance data

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Raimund
    Participant

At Flightkeys we are in the process of adding performance data for over 200 corporate aircraft types over the last year. One of the main goals is to improve the quality of data to a level where realistic optimizations can be offered and trajectories in airspaces with complex restrictions – like in central Europe – can be calculated with reliable fuel predictions at lower altitudes as well. In this process, we came across all sorts of data quality and presentation formats. Most of the formats are still tailored to the paper AFM concept, making it very cumbersome to transfer the data into digital form and continuous altitude/temperature/weight/speed hypercubes.
    Some manufacturer do offer performance applications that allow production of tailored tables, one is even documenting their performance database content, structure and calculation methods. Since I assume that all OEMs internally use applications to design their aircraft and produce their printed tables, it would be really helpful if all could make performance tables available that are really suitable to state-of-the-art flight planning.
    Therefore I’d like to start a high-level discussion on this topic – particularly aimed at corporate jet and turboprop aircraft manufacturers.

John Passingham
    Participant

Having retired for some time, I am not currently up to speed, but I thought that there were SCAP modules available for most aircraft types an models. Maybe this is not true for smaller aircraft. SCAP (Standard Computerised Aircraft Performance) is an IATA specified module that requires linking up with a users input module and a users output module. The modules cover various aspects of flight including take-off, climb, en route, noise, APM, etc.

Raimund
    Participant

Thanks, John. Unfortunately SCAP would be not suitable for advanced flightplanning purposes due to long response times. Furthermore it isn’t available for most business jets and turboprops.
    What I want to initiate is increased awarness by business jet manufacturers about the performance data requirements of modern flight planning systems. Planning isn’t done anymore by looking up values in tables or graphs in the flight manual. Modern flightplanning systems do a multi-dimensional cost optimization and need a continuous speed range over all altidudes, isa deviations and gross weights.
    We are frequently faced with data sets that end at isa+20 or only go down to 10000ft. And even worse, some data sets are scarily inconsistent when viewed in a graphical way, which becomes possible with our tools.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.